Shepherd IT Services Privacy Statement
Shepherdservices.net (“the Website”) is owned and operated by Shepherd IT Services Limited. This policy will explain how Shepherd IT may use information we collect about you, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you. Please read this policy carefully; by accessing the Website you confirm to have understood and agreed to them.
Under the GDPR personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
We may use your personal information to:
(1) administer the website.
(2) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
(3) enable your use of the services available on the website.
(4) supply you with services.
(5) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
(6) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
(7) send you email notifications which you have requested.
(8) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
(9) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Why do we need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with information on our IT Support services we may collect personal data so that we can personalise your use of the site, assist your use of the site and improve the site generally:
– when you make an enquiry on any area of our website
– when we provide services to you
– when you apply for employment
Your personal information may also be used by us to send you information about additional products, services and offers. You may choose not to receive such messages at anytime.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purpose of monitoring website usage in order to help us improve our website and our services
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will we share your personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Shepherd IT Services in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the obligations of contracts those suppliers may have with us. When they no longer need your data to fulfill this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will we use the personal data collected about you?
Shepherd IT will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We are required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Can you find out the personal data that we hold about you?
At your request, we can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If we do hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organization that has determined how and why to process your data.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Shepherd IT Services or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision-making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will you need to provide in order to access this?
We will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Current Passport, driving licence, birth certificate or utility bill (from last 3 months).
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.